Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a chronic pain condition that affects the limbs. It is characterized by intense pain, swelling, and changes in skin color and temperature. In this blog post, we will discuss the causes, symptoms, and treatments of CRPS.
Causes The exact cause of CRPS is unknown, but it is believed to be caused by damage to the peripheral and central nervous systems. This damage can be caused by an injury, surgery, or a stroke. CRPS can also be caused by a heart attack, infection, or cancer.
Symptoms The symptoms can vary from person to person, but they usually include:
- Intense pain
- Changes in skin color and temperature
- Limited range of motion
- Muscle spasms
Treatments There is no cure for CRPS, but there are treatments that can help manage the symptoms. Some common treatments include:
- Physical therapy
- Medications, such as pain relievers and antidepressants
- Nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulation
It is important to see a doctor if you are experiencing any symptoms of CRPS. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent the condition from getting worse. If you believe you may be suffering from Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, please contact us at 248-594-7900 to set up a consultation with Dr. Nadjarian. Dr. Nadjarian will take the time to discuss your treatment options.
- The Ever Changing Rules of CRPS — Pain News Network
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Evidence-Based Advances in Concepts and …
- Everything You Should Know About Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS …
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome – Pain Conditions – painHEALTH
- Understanding the Stages of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Interventional Treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome – MDPI
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Evidence-Based Advances in … – Springer
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome | National Institute of Neurological …